The Frank Art Gallery has openings for Art Teachers who can design and lead art classes for adults, teens or children. Instruction in 2D, 3D and multimedia welcomed. Positions are available on weekdays and weekends. These are contracted positions.
Successful candidates should possess a portfolio of effective art lesson plans, while also being open to working with the gallery administration to create or adapt dynamic art projects for field trips and workshops that coordinate with the themes of current exhibitions. Specifically s/he will:
• Know the fundamentals, proper techniques and different approaches to a multitude of media.
• Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing, painting, sculpture, two dimensional design, collage, photography, monoprinting, mixed media and more.
• Provide individual and small-group instruction and adapt lessons to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
• Instruct students in classroom safety, and proper care and use of tools and equipment.
• Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents, visitors and gallery staff.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and one year of teaching experience is required.
• K-12 Subject Art Teaching Credential is preferred.
• Demonstrated subject matter knowledge in technical visual art skills, art history and creative thinking.
• Experience working with students with learning differences is a plus.
• The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, reliable, and competent in basic computer skills.
HOW TO APPLY
There is no deadline to apply for this opportunity.
Applicants must submit the following:
• Current resume of teaching experience.
• A letter of interest and a program overview of your typical studio art course.
• Photos or documentation that show examples of student work, classes taught or projects completed.
• Specification of preferred student age: adults, teens or children.
Please submit all materials in one email to email@example.com with the subject line ART TEACHER.